Godliike scape

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godliike 639 Brand New Server, A New Beginning!

3 posters

Whys everyone going for staff?

Ivan

Whys everyone going for staff? Empty Whys everyone going for staff?

Post  Ivan Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi, I'm Ivan. I just started this server and it's pretty cool but there's just one problem. Everyone I meet is going for a staff position. I know this is a new server and it may have spots open but applying for a moderator or even admin position when you have just started is just plain dumb. I too was going to apply until I saw a question on the application that says "why do you think you deserve staff." When I saw that question I closed the application and went back to playing the game. You see, there is no way you can deserve a staff spot if you have just started. In my opinion people who are applying when they have just started (which is most of them) are just power hungry. I'm not saying not to apply and I'm certainly not one to do so, but before you apply why not sit back, relax, and enjoy the game first and when you truly think you deserve a position then that is the right time to make an application. If you think about it, saying "i'm nice, i'm kind" is not a reason to deserve a staff spot. Instead, why don't people do some work around the community and forums first?
    Jess

Whys everyone going for staff? Empty Re: Whys everyone going for staff?

Post  Jess Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:53 am

Ivan wrote:Hi, I'm Ivan. I just started this server and it's pretty cool but there's just one problem. Everyone I meet is going for a staff position. I know this is a new server and it may have spots open but applying for a moderator or even admin position when you have just started is just plain dumb. I too was going to apply until I saw a question on the application that says "why do you think you deserve staff." When I saw that question I closed the application and went back to playing the game. You see, there is no way you can deserve a staff spot if you have just started. In my opinion people who are applying when they have just started (which is most of them) are just power hungry. I'm not saying not to apply and I'm certainly not one to do so, but before you apply why not sit back, relax, and enjoy the game first and when you truly think you deserve a position then that is the right time to make an application. If you think about it, saying "i'm nice, i'm kind" is not a reason to deserve a staff spot. Instead, why don't people do some work around the community and forums first?

Not everyone is applying for staff....
    Ivan

Post  Ivan Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:22 pm

Most people I meet are. That's just being power hungry
    Eccles

Post  Eccles Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:50 am

Ivan wrote:Most people I meet are. That's just being power hungry

From most of the people you meet have you actually asked them for a good reason why they are applying for staff for instance they might be applying for aye they are power hungry as you put it, but they might want to help the server out, why aye applied for staff is to help the owner out and solve problems when there is no other staff on-line as i am mostly active, now if people are applying for staff as soon as they join is bad, but most people get to know the server pretty easy as there not much to it.

Eccles<3
    Jess

Post  Jess Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:59 am

Eccles wrote:

From most of the people you meet have you actually asked them for a good reason why they are applying for staff for instance they might be applying for aye they are power hungry as you put it, but they might want to help the server out, why aye applied for staff is to help the owner out and solve problems when there is no other staff on-line as i am mostly active, now if people are applying for staff as soon as they join is bad, but most people get to know the server pretty easy as there not much to it.

Eccles<3

Everyone wants power that they don't have, end of discussion.
    Ivan

Post  Ivan Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Eccles wrote:

Eccles<3
    Your not very active, seen you probably once or twice in game. For the past 4 days i've been on for 7 hours each day.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:34 pm